Building Our American Communities (BOAC) Grant Program
Each year, the Building Our American Communities (BOAC) Grant Program provides grants to Missouri 4-H clubs and FFA chapters for projects aimed at developing and advancing Missouri’s rural communities. Recipients of the 2023 BOAC program have been chosen and are listed below.
Projects may include improvements to existing facilities, grounds or buildings used by local organizations in the applicant’s community. Past BOAC grant projects have included improvements for local fairgrounds, community vegetable gardens, rural intersections and parks, as well as renovations for damaged and aged public use structures in rural communities, including those used by local 4-H and FFA groups.
BOAC grants of up to $500 have been awarded to 11 Missouri FFA chapters and 11 4-H clubs to support projects that benefit an agricultural community and/or promote community development. The 2023 BOAC grant recipients are:
- Ste. Genevieve FFA, Ste. Genevieve (Ste. Genevieve County)
- Fredericktown FFA, Fredericktown (Madison County)
- Chilhowee FFA, Chilhowee (Johnson County)
- Tipton FFA, Tipton (Moniteau County)
- West Platte FFA, Weston (Platte County)
- Ashland FFA, Ashland (Boone County)
- Centralia FFA, Centralia (Boone County)
- Steelville FFA, Steelville (Crawford County)
- Cuba FFA, Cuba (Crawford County)
- Neosho FFA, Neosho (Newton County)
- Carthage FFA, Carthage (Jasper County)
- Country Kids 4H Horse Club, Lebanon (Laclede County)
- Hickory Grove 4H Club, Pleasant Hill (Cass County)
- Nobles 4H Club, Tuscumbia (Miller County)
- Pocahontas 4H Club, Jackson (Cape Girardeau County)
- Iron County 4H Arcadia Valley, Arcadia (Iron County)
- Home Pioneer 4H Club, Atlanta (Macon County)
- Azen Jolly Timers 4H Club, Downing (Scotland County)
- Final Drive 4H Club, Cuba (Crawford County)
- Blue Ribbon Kids 4H Club, Leasburg (Crawford County)
- Guys & Gals 4H Club, Richmond (Ray County)
- Dale Patton 4H Club, Richmond (Ray County)
Up to 12 4-H BOAC grants and 12 FFA BOAC grants (two in each of the six districts) are awarded annually.
The deadline to submit the 2023 BOAC Completion Notice is Aug. 1, 2023.