and CONSUMER PROTECTION
The Weights, Measures and Consumer Protection Division's mission is to create an equitable marketplace for both consumers and private businesses throughout the state. We carry out this mission through the following means:
- Rigorous inspection of commercial weighing and measuring devices
- Verification of price accuracy and contents of packaged goods
- Testing of fuels and lubricants in accordance to state and national standards
- Testing, calibrating and certifying standards in accordance to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards
- Registering service agencies and technicians who install and certify the accuracy of commercial weighing devices
- Providing the accurate and economical location of property boundaries throughout the state of Missouri.